www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 26, 2006

School Concert



Last week was the School Concert. The school that the kids go to is around 200 kids and they have lovely grounds. They also lucky to have a parent that has a music supply store, who puts on the stage and sound system. The concert is outside in the early evening and is accompanied by cake stalls and the like. The kids both had their chance to shine. I remember my first school concert, in our 20 kid school in New Gilston. The concert stage was in one classroom and they opened up the divider and the parents sat in the other. I remember being dressed as a Cowboy and singing

California Here I Come
Right Back where I started from
Open up those Golden Gates
California Here I Come


I had no idea where California was. Funny that I would end up living there for a while, 35 years later.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

The concert is outside in the early evening and is accompanied by cake stalls and the like.

... he reads with a foot of snow outside and minus 12 degrees.