www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 15, 2007

When You Blogged Using Computer Cards


Nice balanced article in the Age about blogging. I like the history of the early precursors to our current pretty polished tools. I can remember my early Fortran compiling classes, when we had to arrange cards to get things to run. I imagine that blogs would be less creative if that was still the case.

They have some interesting history on one of the early bloggers, Jorn Barger, who still maintains a weblog, Robot Wisdom even now. It is certainly a part of cyberspace with many people not making a dime, which I think contributes to the free flowing nature of blogs. Nobody can complain if you decide not to blog for a day or two or more. Not the same thing if it is your job.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, that's true; it's nice to be able to take a break if you need to without worrying about it.

Ian Appleby said...

Is Jorn Barger any relation to Sonny Barger of the Hells Angels M.C.?