www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Welcome back Soccer

With the Soccer Season back in full swing (sorry this is Australia and I just don't know if Football will ever be Football here). The England Cricket Team is self destructing again, so it is time to honour the Football Commentators, who do so much to state the bleedin' obvious and more and promote that great sport Football (I was just joking, but it is difficult here in Australia, with Footy in the home stretch at the moment.

There are so many good ones. Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for.

That's a wise substitution by Terry Venables: three fresh men, three fresh legs."
Jimmy Hill

"If England are going to win this match, they're going to have to score a goal."
Jimmy Hill

"Don't sit on the fence Terry. What chance do you think Germany has of getting through?
Jimmy Hill
"I think it's 50-50."
Terry Venables

"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today."
Steve Lomas

"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none."
Kevin Keegan

"Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales"
Ron Greenwood

"England were beaten in the sense that they lost."
Dickie Davis

"Two questions - why were England so poor, and if they were poor, why?"
Ian Payne

"How will Sir Stanley Matthews be remembered? As a living legend."
England supporter


Thanks to This Is Not 1966

4 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Colin, Broken link on "This is not 1966"

Sean Jeating said...

Broken, indeed.

"Jürgen Klinsmann and I are a great trio."

Colin Campbell said...

Thank you. Thank you. Be sure to send your consulting bill. I will be sure not to pay.

Anonymous said...

Heya! I understand this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does running a well-established blog such as yours
require a large amount of work? I'm brand new to running a blog but I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and feelings online.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for
new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!
Feel free to surf my weblog ... how to improve your body weight